Dear LLI Members,
Our wish is that you and yours are well and keeping your curious minds occupied during this very strange time.
Our last correspondence in mid-March brought sad news – the cancellation of Spring LLI at VT courses and events. The understanding and support we received from you, our members, was overwhelming. Thank you!!!!
Since then, the LLI Administrative Team has been meeting weekly to develop a safe way to offer great programming to our members. This is an update with happy news. A brief synopsis follows. Watch for more details in the coming months.
- To ensure the well-being of our members and volunteer instructors, all Fall 2020 courses and events will be online. Preparations are being made for about 20 courses and 10 or so free lectures/events, including favorites such as Sampler, TED Talks, and art/literature classes led by the instructors you’ve enjoyed so much in previous terms.
- Membership fee for Fall term will be $45 as in the past. There will not be an annual membership. The fee per course will be reduced to $30 for this term.
- Zoom has been chosen for online program delivery We are currently testing the experience with two 4-week pilot classes. Feedback from the instructor and participants will help shape Fall classes and virtual lectures. We have recruited 20 or so LLI volunteers to become Zoom ambassadors and potential “virtual assistants” for fall classes. We hope to make this transition as easy as possible for every member who wants to give it a try.
- We expect to offer instructions and opportunities to practice Zoom during the summer so that members can become more comfortable with this format.
- Several FREE summer offerings are in the making on a variety of topics. Watch for more information on these terrific virtual events that will engage your mind and reconnect you with other LLI members.
Again, we sincerely thank each of you for your continued support. Please know that your enthusiasm for LLI makes the time and energy devoted by our volunteers so worthwhile. We look for you to join us all in the Fall and please encourage your friends and neighbors to do the same. All curious minds are welcome!
LLI at VT Board of Directors
Please direct any questions to Heidi Dickens, our LLI Registrar at
540-231-4364. She will make sure to get your question to the person who
can provide the best answer.
LLI uses the VT schedule for closings with the following notes:
If VT is closed, LLI is closed;
- If VT is open, a member of the Volunteer Committee will be responsible for coordinating scheduling of classes for that day, including verifying the instructor’s availability, notifying CPE of schedule changes and notifying class members of scheduling status.
- Students may call the main CPE number (540-231-5182 ) to find out class status, if necessary.
Visit us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/vtlifelonglearning
Share this site.