The Healthcare Coaching Institute is the perfect next step for experienced coaches and leaders seeking first time coach training.
Quite simply, we listened to our healthcare clients. We built a curriculum we would want to attend, and one that we love teaching. It is experiential adult learning at its best. The evolutionary design invites a deeper level of personal discovery, professional growth and integration of heart, mind, and spirit. We prepare professionals to become leaders of leaders.
HCI’s coach training model is built on three important concepts:
"I am a much more effective leader, colleague, mentor, and yes, coach!"
Dael Waxman, MD, Vice Chair, Department of Family Medicine, Atrium Healthcare
Our model + methods + you = extraordinary outcomes
- Become more generative and creative while supporting others in doing the same
- Gain insight into the critical need for coaching leaders through the chaos of healthcare
- Understand various forms of communication and differentiate supporting from challenging messages
- Use case studies to devise various approaches to expand capabilities and possibilities
- Develop presence and trust in self and others
"The Healthcare Coaching Institute was exactly what I needed."
Tasha Walsh – Executive Director of Hospice, Lexington VA.
- Practice with peers and faculty as you build hours toward certification
- Navigate the emotions and culture barriers often at play in organizational coaching
- Explore human and organizational systems that will inform a personal coaching style
- Master a conversational coaching model derived from the core skills of presence, partnership, active listening, powerful questioning, and accountability to self and others
- Understand the brain science behind successful coaching
- Learn codes of conduct, standards, and ethics of organizational coaching, with an emphasis on healthcare related issues
- Delve into the business of coaching in healthcare today with internal leaders and external coaches
- Deepen awareness of the ICF competencies - what they mean at the various levels (ACC, PCC, MCC) and what they look like in action
"The connection to healthcare was so important,
as there is very little context for working in the space of healthcare."
Lisa D. McRoberts, PhDI Senior OD Consultant/Change Management Organizational Transformation Team
- Develop a like-minded community of practice
- Benefit from the HCI network of partnerships in professional societies and the larger healthcare community
- Identify a value-based framework for your personal approach
- Scale coaching from one-to-one with leaders to groups and teams
- Learn to use emotional intelligence to identify the source of a client’s barriers and unlock the way forward
- Examine how personal filters and bias shape a worldview