One AWWA Operator Scholarship
The One AWWA Operator Scholarship is funded through the support of AWWA's The Water Equation Campaign and the Virginia Section AWWA.
PURPOSE of AWARDAWWA's The Water Equation Campaign and the VA AWWA, will award a single One AWWA Operator Scholarship in the amount of $2,000 for Water Operator training and education. Scholarship award funds can be used for certification/licensure, two- or four-year water related associate (or other) degree, technical school program, professional training program, books and manuals, and operator related conferences. Each scholarship recipient will receive a one-year AWWA Operator membership.
- Applicant must be a current water operator or seeking to enter the water operator profession.
- Applicant must be pursuing an Operator's License or Certification, two or four-year degree related to the water operator profession, or professional development.
- Disbursement of the funds will be made directly by the Section to the financial office of recipient's college, university, or technical school.
- Items related to books, manuals, conferences, professional development courses, and other eligible expenses will be reimbursed to recipient upon presentation of eligible receipts.
- Applicant must reside or work within the geographical boundaries of Virginia.
- Acceptance of scholarship constitutes permission to use recipient's name and scholarship story for purpose of promotion.
- Preference will be given to applicants from small, financially disadvantaged waterworks.
APPLICATION PROCESS: DEADLINE/SELECTION/PRESENTATION
Scholarship is awarded based on a combination of need and merit.
The following is needed in order to apply for this scholarship:
- A completed One AWWA Operator Scholarship application (see links below).
- A write-up of applicant's current job duties.
- A short paragraph on plans for use of the scholarship funds.
DOWNLOAD THE APPLICATION: