VIRGINIA TECH SCIENCE FESTIVAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- The person submitting this form on behalf of the Organization
represents and warrants that he/she has the necessary power, consent and
authority to agree to the terms of participation in the Virginia Tech
Science Festival. By submitting this form, Organization acknowledges
receipt of and accepts the Virginia Tech Science Festival Terms and
- Exhibitors not affiliated with Virginia Tech must provide a certificate of insurance. Certificates must have a minimum general liability coverage amount of $500,000 per occurrence. The certificates must name “Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University” and the “Commonwealth of Virginia” as additional insured, and include the organization name, event date(s) and location(s) in the description area. For a sample insurance certificate, http://www.studentcenters.vt.edu/assets/docs/ep_riskmgmtinsuranceinfo.pdf. A higher coverage amount or additional types of insurance (automobile, etc.) may be required based on the circumstances of the individual event.
- Festival organizers may reject events that are determined to be excessively commercial. Festival organizers reserve the right to reject any event for any reason.
- Festival exhibits must be a high entertainment, hands-on and interactive experience that promotes science.
- Festival exhibits must be set-up between 8:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m.; exhibit must be completely removed by 5:00 p.m., with tear-down beginning once the Festival ends at 4:00 p.m.
- The promotion and display of firearms, tobacco or pornography is strictly prohibited.
- During the hours of the Festival (10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.) the exhibit must be staffed at all times.
- Any significant changes to Festival Day exhibit plans must be communicated to Phyllis Newbill at least one month prior to Festival Day.
- To the extent permitted by law, the Organization agrees to release the Virginia Tech Science Festival, its sponsors, participating venues, and their respective officers, agents, employees, and volunteers from all claims for personal injuries, property damage or theft arising in any manner in connection with the Organization’s participation in the Virginia Tech Science Festival. The Organization further agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Virginia Tech, the Commonwealth of Virginia and the Science Museum of Western Virginia for any injury or damages to any other person caused by the Organization’s negligence or intentional acts or inactions during the festival, to the extent allowable by law.
- Festival organizers may modify the festival rules and terms and conditions at any time.