Corrosion, Its Control and Possibly Useful Operating Tactics
Date: January 7, 2015
Time: 1:00pm - 5:00pm
Location: Virginia Tech Hampton Roads Center, Virginia Beach, Virginia
CEUs: 4 contact hours/0.4 CEUs
Instructor: Gerald O. Davis, P.E.
This short course will cover the electrochemistry of aqueous corrosion of metals, including forms of corrosion, effects on corrosion rates of important service and operating variables, corrosion control methods, and life-cycle cost analyses for choosing between various control methods.
Key topics include:
- Overview of the electrochemistry of aqueous corrosion of metals
- Detailed reviews of the several forms of corrosion
- Detailed discussion of the effects on corrosion rates of important service & operating variables, e.g., temperature, pH, heterogeneous conditions, etc.
- Detailed discussion of the four traditional methods of corrosion control, i.e., coatings and liners, resistant alloy selection, cathodic protection and chemical inhibitors
- Potentially valuable corrosion control tactics to evaluate for specific applications
- The general method and value of discounted life-cycle cost analyses for choosing between alternative control methods versus making decisions based only on initial costs
- Suggested engineering reference sources
Includes course materials, CEU certificate, and afternoon refreshments. Registration deadline is January 1, 2015.
All Other Payments:
* We accept MasterCard, Visa and American Express.
Refund and Cancellation Policy: Requests for refunds will be honored when received seven calendar days prior to the program. However, another person may be substituted at any time for this program. A $25 administrative fee will be deducted for cancellations. In the unlikely event that this program is cancelled or postponed due to insufficient enrollments or unforeseen circumstances, the university will fully refund registration fees but cannot be held responsible for any other expenses, including cancellation or change charges assessed by airlines, hotels, travel agencies, or other organizations.
For weather or disaster-related program cancellation or postponement information, please call (540) 231-9489.
If you need assistance, please call Virginia Tech Continuing and Professional Education at (540) 231-5182.
If you are a person with a disability and require any auxiliary aids, services, or other accommodations for this program, please discuss your accommodation needs with Kim Harrison at (804) 662-7288 or TDD 1-800-828-1120 by two weeks prior to the conference.
Virginia Tech's Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement: www.vt.edu/about/equal-opportunity.html
The information you provide is subject to the Freedom of Information Act guidelines.