Is This for Me?
Is this program for me?
Here are some helpful guidelines to see if the Mid-Atlantic Public Works Institute is a good fit for you. The more of these that apply to you, the more likely you are well-suited to complete the program.
- I have good oral and written communication skills. I am a good listener, can understand facts and can relate those facts to a third person.
- I have good interpersonal skills. I work well with co-workers, help members of the public, and communicate effectively with my supervisors.
- I am self-motivated. I have the maturity and time-management skills to make sure deadlines are met.
- I am a person who values others and effective teams.
- I am comfortable with most technology used in my industry and am eager to learn new skills.
"Very informative. Great ideas for building a stronger department."
- I am already a supervisor or manager? Fantastic! Use The
Institute to learn new management skills.
- I am a supervisor of someone who needs this? Please
have a frank discussion with this person about their goals and
developmental needs and, if agreeable, have them contact us immediately
to get registered.
- I have been out of the public works arena for a few
years but want to return? The Institute is a perfect way to re-enter the
public works workplace by reminding you of much of the technical
information you already know and helping you to create a new supportive
network of future coworkers!