Session I: Introduction to Supervision
Participants will learn about the fundamental issues facing supervision in public works occupations with an emphasis on ethical leadership.
Topic areas covered are:
- An introduction to Public Works Process
- Basic organizational design
- Dealing with internal and external customers
- Understanding of line-staff roles and relationships
- Selecting and training new employees
- Managing problem employees
- Workplace safety
- Managing workplace stress
- Effective crew scheduling
- Time management
- Delegation and motivation of employees
September 19 - 21, 2017
Hilton Garden Inn -Richmond Innsbrook
4050 Cox Road, Glen Allen, VA 23060
T: 804.521.3001 F: 804.521.2901
Hilton Garden Inn - Richmond Innsbrook
4050 Cox Road
Glen Allen, VA 23060
Welcome guests of the VT Mid-Atlantic Public Works Institute Session I. The Hilton Garden Inn has reserved a block of rooms for September 19 - 21, 2017.
CUT-OFF DATE: Kindly note, the final date to make your reservation at the group rate is August 22, 2017. At this time, any unused rooms will be released back to the Hotel for general sale.
INDIVIDUAL CANCELLATION: Each individual is responsible for the cancellation of their own room 7 DAYS PRIOR to arrival to avoid penalty (one night's room and tax charge applied to method of guarantee).