Demonstrate and adopts essential principles necessary for effective management of a lean organization, including humility, respect for individuals, process focus, flow of value to customers, quality at the source, and others.
- Demonstrate lean principles, values, and philosophies through action and dialogue.
- Apply lean planning and deployment mechanisms to activate and align continuous improvement actions in the organization.
- Integrate learning and coaching into everyday work in the value stream.
- Develop people through education, training, and coaching.
- Apply lean methods of motivation, empowerment, and involvement.
- Assess and train people necessary to build the skills required of a lean culture.
- Develop continuous process improvement systems and train in the appropriate use of continuous improvement tools within value streams.
- Integrate improvement systems with work systems.
- Coach and develop the application of systematic PDCA problem-solving thinking through work habits and other methods, such as A3s.
- Use and support measurement systems that drive the right behaviors toward continuous improvement culture.