About the Conference
As an instructional leader do you want to:
- Know what the latest research tells us about reading comprehension?
- Hear from experienced literacy educators who have solved literacy problems with countless states and schools?
- Build relationships with other principals in high needs schools who are building their literacy programs?
This one-day opportunity will offer specific information about school wide literacy assessment, allocation of staff, organizing and selecting materials, planning effective professional development, and evaluating literacy instruction. An optional reception with appetizers will enhance the many networking opportunities!
Virginia Tech and Radford University through Improving Teacher Quality Grant (NCLB CFDA # 84.367B)
Registration is cost-free for qualifying district personnel in "high needs school divisions" * (Lunch is $10.) Cost for other district personnel is an amazingly low $50!
Each participant will receive:
- Program materials
- Networking opportunities
- A copy of The Literacy Coaching Challenge: Models and Methods for Grades K-8 (McKenna & Walpole, 2008)
* see Registration page for list.
For More Information Contact:
Heidi Anne Mesmer, School of Education, (540) 231-8343