The Virginia Resources Authority provides innovative, cost-effective and sustainable financial solutions to build vibrant and healthy Virginia communities. Created by the General Assembly in 1984, VRA supports community investments in the following areas:
- Public Safety
- Flood Prevention & Dam Safety
- Solid Waste
- Federal Facility Development
- Brownfield Remediation and Redevelopment
- Land Conservation & Preservation
- Parks and Recreation
- Local Government Buildings
- Site Acquisition & Development for Economic & Community Development
- Administrative & Operations Systems
- Oyster Restoration
- Defective Drywall Correction & Restoration
Since its inception, VRA has funded more than 1000 critical projects across the Commonwealth exceeding $6 billion of investment in Virginia's communities. Financing solutions draw on VRA's creativity and unique ability to provide revolving fund loans to localities at below-market interest rates and to issue bonds backed by the moral obligation of the Commonwealth. The VRA staff offers extensive experience and expertise in a variety of financings and provides ongoing assistance to localities in connection with their public projects.
This ability to maximize value for local communities with cost-effective and innovative financing options has made VRA the choice provider of infrastructure financing for Virginia communities.
To learn more about VRA, please visit: www.virginiaresources.org