Virginia Tech in beautiful Blacksburg, Va., is located in the New River Valley just a half an hour southwest of Roanoke. The Blue Ridge Parkway and the Appalachian Trail are nearby the plateau where the town sits between the Blue Ridge and Allegheny mountains. Blacksburg has a small town charm with many big-city amenities including world class dining, fine cultural activities and shopping, and unique recreational adventures.
The New River Valley is filled with beautiful and historic locations to hike, swim, and explore; one definitely won’t be disappointed when venturing outside in the area. Blacksburg and its immediate surroundings also have no shortage of dining, shopping, and entertainment to offer.
Here are some one-stop guides to help keep you busy while you’re in town.
- Step Into Blacksburg: stepintoblacksburg.org
- Downtown Blacksburg, Inc. - Shopping, dining, farmer’s market, The Lyric Theater: www.downtownblacksburg.com
- First & Main Shopping Center - Shopping, dining, bowling, IMAX theater: www.blacksburgfirstandmain.com
- Events and happenings over the next three days: nextthreedays.com
- Local Area Attractions: www.cpe.vt.edu
- Comprehensive restaurant guide: www.cpe.vt.edu
- Explore the New River Valley - Outdoor recreational activities, events, and more: www.explorenewrivervalley.com
Area YouTube videos
For further information about Virginia attractions, visit www.virginia.org/