What Other Faculty Say
"I worked closely with Shelly Jobst through every stage of organizing the conference. Her constructive advice and follow-through were extremely valuable in making our event a success. My compliments to Shelly and the other CPE staff involved in our event! They did a wonderful job."
- Ron Lewis, Associate Professor, Animal Genetics, Department of Animal and Poultry Sciences
"I have been at Virginia Tech for five years and my experience with CPE is by far the most unequivocally positive that I have had with any unit on campus."
- Barbara Ellen Smith, Director, Women’s and Gender Studies
"Absolutely incredible and professional staff! CPE personnel actually made the planning and conduction of this conference fun!"
- Tom Walker, Associate Professor, Department of Engineering Education
Benefits of Partnering With Continuing and Professional Education
Partnering with Continuing and Professional Education offers many benefits to Virginia Tech faculty. With more than 300 educational events offered annually, we provide trusted expertise in all aspects of program design, management, and delivery. Specific benefits include the following:
- Assistance with developing innovative research dissemination strategies that document scholarship and share knowledge.
- Direct pay of up to 33 1/2 percent of annual salary for instruction of a non-credit program.
- Official university sponsorship by sanctioning the use of university resources and providing legal support for all contractual relationships.
- Assistance with development of research dissemination or engagement portion of grant proposals.
- Technical Assistance Program, a university-approved consulting agreement with external businesses and organizations, whereby, a
faculty member serves as a paid consultant with access to university resources.
- Assistance with site selection and contract negotiation and management.
- Generation of funds to support graduate students, business travel, equipment, or other departmental needs.
See details of available services.
Whether you want to find a vehicle for your research dissemination, generate more research dollars and visibility for your college, or fund assistantships or equipment, we are your resource for helping you fulfill your goals.
About Export and Secure Research Compliance
Virginia Tech is required by federal regulations to establish procedures to monitor assignments to its facilities of foreign nationals to ensure that the disclosure of, and access to, export-controlled articles and related information are limited to those that are approved by an export authorization. As invitations for presenting, speaking, submitting posters, etc., are considered please note that programs will not involve any proprietary, confidential, U.S. government furnished or export-controlled information, materials, or software. If the content of presentations, speeches, or posters includes any of the preceding, please provide a description and seek approval from CPE prior to the presentation. For software, please specify if the program will involve access to source code. If you have any questions about what may or may not be export controlled technology, please contact the Office of Export and Secure Research Compliance (OESRC) (http://www.oesrc.researchcompliance.vt.edu/).
Interested in planning a CEU program? See About CEUs