CALL FOR PROPOSALS
FWCA Call for Proposals Submission Guidelines
Theme: Say (Her, Their, Our) Name
The Faculty Women of Color in the Academy (FWCA) conference is calling
for workshop and poster proposals that advance the FWCA mission to connect with research colleagues, support aspirations,
and empower growth and change.
The FWCA is a unique educational and professional development conference that provides women faculty, university administrators, post-doctoral and graduate students, and undergraduates with a forum to network, engage and learn with peers from around the country. The two-day conference motivates and inspires participants to meet their professional goals. Through this high-quality, participatory, inclusive and interactive event FWCA participants:
- gain lessons, ideas, tools, and strategies to bring back to their institutions, organizations, and communities.
- make new contacts and build lasting relationships.
- are inspired, motivated, energized, and empowered
- Prepare an expanded explanation of your proposal, which will be used to review the proposal and in the online program. 500-1000 words
- Write a description and presentation Outline. Include the presentation purpose, background, and learning outcomes. For workshop presenters, provide a timeframe breakdown utilizing 1.5 hours of time
- Identify your targeted audience (faculty, administrators, graduate students, undergraduates)
- Describe the presentation’s relationship to the FWCA Mission to Connect. Support. Empower
- Provide references of colleagues who are familiar with your work as a presenter.
- Prepare documents using Times New Roman 12-point font, double-spaced, 1-inch (2.5 cm) margin, and 8.5 by 11-inch page setting. Maximum of three pages. Submit as a PDF document
- Upload your Resume/Curriculum Vitae as a PDF document