The conference will be held at:
The Inn at Virginia Tech and Skelton Conference Center
901 Prices Fork Rd.
Blacksburg, VA 24061
The Inn at Virginia Tech and Skelton Conference Center is the only hotel located on the Virginia Tech campus in Blacksburg, Virginia, and offers convenient surroundings and state-of-the-art technology. The world-class hotel and conference center sits on 25 lush acres where you'll find spacious meeting areas and Preston's restaurant, featuring delicious fare and healthful selections for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The campus complex is within easy walking distance to downtown Blacksburg.
Participants are responsible for their own lodging. A block of lodging rooms has been reserved at the Inn at Virginia Tech at a special rate of $131 per room per night plus applicable taxes. To reserve your room, please call the hotel directly at 540-231-8000 or toll free at 877-200-3360 and mention you are attending Contemplative Practices for the 21st Century University. Reservations can also be made online through the Inn's web site: www.innatvirginiatech.com. This special rate is available only until February 9, 2016 or until the block fills.
The Roanoke-Blacksburg Regional Airport (ROA) provides easy access to Blacksburg and the Inn at Virginia Tech and Skelton Conference Center. The airport is approximately 45 minutes away from scenic Blacksburg.
Roanoke-Blacksburg Regional Airport offers convenient connections through domestic and international gateways in Atlanta, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Washington, Chicago, Detroit, Cincinnati, and Charlotte.
The following airlines fly directly to Roanoke:
- Allegiant Air (www.allegiantair.com)
- American Airlines (www.aa.com)
- Delta Connection Carriers (www.delta.com)
- United (www.ual.com)
Distance from Blacksburg: 33 miles; 43 minutes by car.
From the Roanoke-Blacksburg Regional Airport (ROA):
- Drive South on Aviation Drive, NW toward Thirlane Road
- Merge onto Hershberger Rd, NW toward I-581
- Merge onto I-581N/US 220 N toward I-81/Lexington/Bristol/Blacksburg
- Merge Left onto I-81 S via Exit 1S toward Salem/Bristol
- Take Exit 118 C-B-A toward Christiansburg/Blacksburg
- Take Exit 118B and merge onto 460W via toward Blacksburg
- Pass main Virginia Tech entrance to the Right; continue on 460W
- Take next exit to Downtown
- Take Right at first light into The Inn at Virginia Tech
NOTE: Should you choose not to rent a car and drive to Blacksburg from the Roanoke-Blacksburg Regional Airport, the SmartWay bus makes regular runs from the Airport to Blacksburg on a daily basis.
Take the SmartWay bus from the Roanoke-Blacksburg Regional Airport to the stop on Virginia Tech's campus at Squires Student Center and call The Inn at Virginia Tech (540-231-8000) to schedule a shuttle pickup from Squires to The Inn.
There is ample parking at The Inn at Virginia Tech. There is no parking fee for overnight guests.