Conference Details - Student Travel Awards
A National Science Foundation grant will provide support to select students from US institutions to attend the co-located 2016 ASME Manufacturing Science and Engineering Conference (MSEC2016) and the NAMRI/SME 44th North American Manufacturing Research Conference (NAMRC44), at the Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, June 27 - July 1, 2016.
Download the Student Travel Award application: MSEC2016_NAMRC44_Student_Support_Application.pdf. Please check back soon for additional information as the deadline to submit your Application is Friday, March 18, 2016.
Instructions for submitting your completed form:
- Read these instructions carefully. Failure to follow them means your application will not be considered for funding. Fill in every field on this form.
- Complete the application, get endorsement from your advisor, then save the PDF file for submission. Filename format is Support2016_Family Name_Given Name.pdf - An example is Support2016_Doe_John.pdf
- Submit the PDF file as an attachment in an email to Professor Ihab Ragai (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject line MSEC-NAMRC CONFERENCE SUPPORT
- Application deadline is Friday, March 18, 2016. You should be informed of acceptance by Monday, April 4, 2016. The conference registration deadline for awardees is Monday, April 25, 2016.
VERY IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
Unless you are otherwise notified, awards will directly cover the registration fee and the hotel accommodation. Posters on NSF-sponsored research are highly encouraged and should be submitted by the same deadline as all other posters (abstract: December 1, 2015; poster: March 4, 2016).
Before applying, please note that to qualify for the grant you must (no exceptions, so please don't ask):
- Attend the entire conference (Monday to Friday), and
- Attend the Early Career Forum held at the conference on Thursday June 30, 2016.
Student Travel Award Contact:
Prof. Ihab Ragai
The Penn State University, Erie
The National Science Foundation